Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'm addicted to Lifehacker

I have igoogle as my home page. I found it's a double edged sword. It allows me to keep a vignette of all the sites I want to see when I log in, but it also serves as a distraction. I feed facebook (of course), google news, local weather, mac rumors a virtual hamster and lifehacker. I scan facebook to see if there is anything new I need to know, then straight to lifehacker. Sometimes I find really useful information about ubuntu or some great site for webdesign tools or a really interesting post for mac software. On the upside, I found a terrific site for free vector icons. Recently I have been sucked into reading the posts that have nothing to do with what I should be working on. How to open a hotel chain lock with a rubberband is not going to help with my latest clients computer dilema, but it was a real eye-opener into how useless those things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment