Wednesday, October 19, 2011

How to speed up your mac.

Two interesting things I learned about speeding up my mac.

1. If you have a lot of clutter on the desktop, it will slow things down. I deleted a bunch of files I no longer needed and moved the rest of the files off my desktop into the documents directory.

2. If you don't have  enough space on your hard drive it will slow your system down. In finder, go to your hard drive and right click to "get info" you will see the Capacity and Available. If Available is not at least 10% of Capacity, your system will be slow.

One extra goodie: Use the new "reading list" feature on Safari. I used to drag websites I wanted to go back to onto my desktop. This takes up more space than if you drag them into the reading list (it's the little sunglasses below the address bar).

No comments:

Post a Comment