Friday, October 21, 2011

A series of unfortunate events.

I'm an apple fan for the most part but this is really sucking up more time than it should.
I'm running out of space on my hard drive and trying to clean it up. I have a few video events of some length that I don't really need but should be given to someone else.

I exported the first one to a quicktime format (.mov) to keep the highest quality and tried to  save it on a thumb drive. Sounds easy enough.

It took 4 hours to export this iMovie project.

The file is over 4.7 GB in size. Even though the usb drive holds 8GB I can't save this file to the external drive!

It turns out that you can only move or copy a file less than 4GB onto a FAT 32 formatted drive. (Yeah, that's what Error 0 means in mac land). I need the FAT 32 format because the person I'm giving it to has a windows pc.

It won't fit on a standard DVD either.

Not sure why they limit the file size to 4GB but I'm not happy with them, whoever they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment