Sunday, December 25, 2011

Evernote and dropbox have saved me!

I never really understood the use of Evernote until now. Occasionally I would be at my computer and find a recipe that I want to use, so I'd paste it into Evernote and open it on the iPad to take to the kitchen. (20% of my iPad use is as a recipe book in the kitchen)

Recently, things changed. I'm in the process of opening a shop and have found the reason for Evernote. I can do research at home, purchasing, license information, etc. paste it into Evernote and have it available anywhere. When I finally had the computer set up, it was great to have all my info right there. The only thing Evernote doesn't do well is maintaining files.

Dropbox is a program I've been using for a long time as an online backup. Now I find it invaluable to hold files like ordering forms and spreadsheets that I can work on anywhere.

It took a while to learn how Evernote is set up bu it is worth the learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment