Wednesday, November 2, 2011

iTunes fail, UGH!

Sunday afternoon, the whole family is at home, relaxing.

I rarely download any movies from iTunes. Usually, I can find what I want on Netflix or cable. The family room TV was in use and my daughter wasn't feeling well. She really wanted this movie and it wasn't on Netflix, so I thought, "Easy enough, I'll download it from iTunes and she can watch it on the computer."

I started the download in iTunes and it seemed to be going fine. I know you can watch it as you're downloading so I clicked play. After about ten minutes, just as she was getting into the movie, the whole mac froze; I mean, no keyboard, mouse or anything. My only choice was the button in the back.

I restarted the computer and opened iTunes to find that the movie was not there, it was not available in the "purchases" and if you click Store, Check for available downloads, it wasn't there either.

After some research, (google, apple support pages, etc.) I found that my only hope was to "report a problem" on the Account, Purchased section. This lead to an automated email that said my problem would be addressed within 48 to 72 hours.

Now, if you're downloading a movie, it's an impulse buy. You want to watch it right then.  I can re download all kinds of media in iTunes, except movies. I will probably not do this again.

The final result was an email stating that Apple had reset my download and I could re download anytime. By then, it was the next day and my daughter was in school. The movie was now irrelevant. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment