Monday, June 7, 2010

More apple fun! iphone 4

I spent two hours at the DMV today only to find out the computer is down and I have to come back. Good thing I had my iphone 3g to keep me occupied. The new iphone 4 was announced today, so I spent my time streaming the marumors.com live from WWDC.

Yep, it looks exactly like the one that was lost by an apple employee and found it's way to gizmodo.com
It's also really neat.

Here are the major points:


  • Design is new - steel rim around the edges, smaller but not lighter, longer battery, faster processor, flat back.
  • Front and back camera, video conferencing (as far as I can tell both parties have to have iphone 4) imovie functions on 5 megapixel and 720 hd video, with flash. That's a huge improvement over the old one. 
  • The new screen is clearer. They call it "retina" but it's really just more pixels in the same space. 
  • The new operating system. Of course, you will be able to update a 3GS or 3GS iphone to the new iOS 4 but obviously all the features won't work. It will also work on the ipad, but there a bunch of new cool features.
  • Multi tasking is great. I would love to be able to flip to the web to look up something and come right back to where I left off downloading an app or whatever.
  • I'm also excited about being able to organize apps into folders. I would like to put all the games in a folder so they don't clutter up the screens. I don't use them that often. Travel would be another good folder.
  • Best of all are the new email features. You can view all your email inboxes in one screen. A must for me and my 4 email addresses. Mail will also recognize dates and addresses with integration to your calendar and contacts. 
  • Streaming Netflix should be interesting too. 
  • No Verizon option....We new that was just a dream.

For you FB junkies, Zynga announced the real Farmville on iphone at the conference. It will be out at the end of the month and you will be able to interact with your FB friends there.

Well that's all I have on the iphone 4 for now. Of course this puts another kink in my plan to get an iPad. I really can't justify both now, can I?

No comments:

Post a Comment